Thursday 5 January 2012

Happy New Year!!





It has been too long since my last post, I have finally escaped the madness of Christmas shoppers and emerged into the new year with the biggest pile of books to read I think I have ever had!  Having finally finished the massive task of reading a long list for a Children's Book Prize I feel the need to indulge in some Fiction, make that lots of fiction.  Putting it lightly, reading 48 kid's books in a row is mind numbing, I am not knocking the literature as there were some bloody excellent books on the list, however, I need to feel cultured again and I want to explore novels like never before.  So, thanks to my lovely fella, I have some brilliant books to read, praise the lord for Xmas gifts and birthday shinies.

As for the ducks, they have been neglected of late, the Winter weather has forced me to cower indoors away from the rather chilly edge of the canal.  One of my New Year's Resolutions is to rectify my absence of duck stalking and brave the elements with my camera in tow, brrrrrr.

I have nearly finished reading 1Q84(Books 1 and 2) by Haruki Murakami and will soon be sharing with you my thoughts on this rather epic tome, and it is epic, it will be a tough one to chat about I have no doubt.
Next in line will be Man Booker shortlisted "Pigeon English" by Stephen Kelman, a heavily reviewed piece of fiction based on the horrific stabbing of Damiola Taylor.  I never said I would be reading "happy" books.

Anyways, Happy New Year to you all and I hope you all have a wonderful year of reading ahead of you, I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment